Begin with the Fundamentals
Experts from MITRE produced the ATT&CK Fundamentals course to help forge a new breed of advantaged defenders, better prepared than ever before to stop agile adversaries. This course is the first and fundamental piece of the MAD20™ online training series and will:
- Introduce the MITRE ATT&CK framework, a globally accessible knowledge base, and a cyber adversary behavior model based on real-world observations.
- Familiarize learners with how the ATT&CK knowledge base documents real-world adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
- Visualize the various ways to exploit this understanding of adversary TTPs to address current (operational) and future (strategic) threats.
- Understand how ATT&CK enables us to produce measurable and trackable answers to the hard questions we face every day as defenders, such as "how does our decision to ____ make us better/worse at defending against threats?"
- Understand the structure and philosophy that continually shapes ATT&CK
- Identify the available ATT&CK resources and operational use cases
- Recognize how ATT&CK empowers defenders through understanding threats